Thursday, June 26, 2014

Timberwolves (sort of) Draft Profile: Zach LaVine

With the NBA Draft on the horizon TODAY, it is time to take a look at who the T-Wolves could select. Leading up to the event we will be doing prospect profiles on potential players the Wolves could end up taking with the 13th pick in the 2014 NBA Draft. Today, in what is our last 2014 Draft Profile piece, we are taking a look at Zach LaVine out of UCLA. 


This is going to be a very quick Draft Profile* piece on Zach LaVine since the actual NBA Draft is in a few hours, and I’m going to be at Target Center watching it there, because like Kanye West, “my life is dope and I do dope sh*t” (except not really).

As so many have said, basically LaVine is a really raw player in the draft. He has the athleticism to be a superstar. Essentially he is a boom or bust guy.

And given where the T-Wolves are (looking to rebuild), you can afford to take a flyer on a boom or bust guy with the 13th pick. You can afford to screw up 13th overall picks – you can’t afford to screw up 2nd, 4th and 6th overall picks (hi Derrick Williams, Wes Johnson and Jonny Flynn). I wouldn’t be opposed to drafting LaVine, and would totally understand the draft pick. I just hope he booms.

Of the six draft profiles I have done here are the rankings:

1. Kyle Anderson
2. Garry Harris
3. Zach LaVine
4. Tyler Ennis
5. Adreian Payne
6. Rodney Hood

The top three I WANT. Like real bad. Ennis and Payne I am not as thrilled about, but I would understand the selection, and if we draft Rodney Hood my reaction will be the following:


See here is to tonight T-Wolves fans. Let’s see what happens. Til then, I’ll leave you with highlights of LaVine dunking. (HOW'S HE MAKE IT LOOK SO EASY TO DUNK BETWEEN YOUR LEGS?!?!?!?)



*I apparently use the term “Draft Profile” loosely if this counts a “Draft Profile”.  

No comments: